Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Shame

Shame. Embarrassment. Utter failure. All of these apply to the fiasco that was Michigan football yesterday. Losing to Appalachian State was awful, but yesterday was worse because I actually saw it with my own eyes: we can't play football. What happened to our defense? What was up with the turn overs? What went wrong?! I am still a dedicated fan of Michigan football, but I am no longer proud of them. There really is no excuse for that kind of a loss and that horrible playing by most of our team. Geesh. However, I do have to say that Hart was his usual self and that our freshman quarterback looks promising. I think he performed better than Henne and I hope that with more experience he'll be able to help us get our Michigan pride back. Anyways, this is making me depressed again, I'll move on to better things in the week. School is going well. I like all of my professors and the reading and lectures I've had so far have been interesting. I have to say though, one of my professors is the oddest person I've ever seen. So I'm sitting in my 9:00 class on Wednesday for the first time and the auditorium is full of students who are obviously much more fond of talking in the mornings than I am. It's getting towards 9:10 and the professor hasn't arrived yet. Then he does. He comes running up the side aisle and jumps up onto the teaching platform and starts talking (really loudly) in the strangest Canadian accent I've ever heard. He's tall, gangly, bucktoothed, sunken eyed and wrinkled. He's probably been teaching for 40 years. He also has the biggest hands I've ever seen. Hands that are constantly, spasmodically moving. Sometimes they're making frantic typing motions, other times they're waving about all over the place, but strangest of all, they spend an inordinate amount of time moving about on his face. It's very odd. He's the perfect professor to have early in the morning though; there's no way anyone will be able to sleep with him teaching. Once you get past his voice and mannerisms, he seems like a really great lecturer. I've only really heard him lecture once, but it was quite good. I'm excited to see how the class turns out. In spite of the football, school is going well.

5 Comments:

Blogger D.Cous. said...

Sorry, Wheeze. We're all right there with ya. Stupid football. Glad to hear that classes are going well so far!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

i'm right there with you about the football. maybe this just isn't our year; let's be more hopeful for the 2008 season.
i'm glad to hear classes are going well. but i'm starting to wonder if donal and i are your official blog readers/stalkers.

10:22 AM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

That's what I'm wondering too, Cecelia! My guess though would be that you and Donal have some cool application that alerts you whenever someone writes a new post. Correct me if I'm wrong. Probably other potential stalkers haven't realized that I'm back on my blog yet. How are things with you guys?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

i'm doing wonderfully. if you want more details on my well-being you can check my blog.
you should come visit me some time.

8:55 PM  
Blogger clem said...

I used to have a cool application that alerted me to new posts, but the only one that works for me is for my sister's "Frequent Citations" site. Tough story there now about her law-school friend/young mother & dad whose baby was taken away by Social Services because of a mysterious health condition the social worker assumes is physical abuse, but for which there is no other indication. Sad.
I have not been following the goings-on like I should, but M.O.M. alerts me to important postings like the "Bus People."

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home