School starts tomorrow.
It has been a long time since my last post. The entire summer has gone by and school starts tomorrow. Bummer. However, I had a wonderful summer and the job that I mentioned as temporary in my last post has become permanent. I'll even be continuing in that job during the school year since the powers that be in the financial aid office didn't give me work-study this year. It's too bad, 'cause I liked my watershed job a lot and it was extremely convenient and paid really well. I'm typing this on my brand-new laptop by the way, I'm slowly getting used to all of it's quirks and the new Windows operating system. I don't like it yet, but that's probably because i'm not used to it. I would love to tell you all about my summer, but that would take just about forever, so I'm probably just going to leave you in the dark for now and maybe post more about it later if I ever feel inspired. Labor day weekend, however, I can tell you about.
The highlight this weekend was our family's trip to Lake Michigan where we got to ride on a tall ship for an hour and a half. It was a ton of fun. Then we began searching for a beach. It took us a really long time to find one and then we had to walk for a mile and a half carrying all of our stuff up and down hills. The big cooler (no wheels, mind you) was extremely heavy and was definitely the worst thing to carry. However, it did mean that when we finally got to the beach, we ran right into the freezing cold water without compunction. The beach was relatively unpopulated too and it was a beautiful location. Lauren and Nicole met us up there for the day coming from school, so that was an extra bonus. The car ride up was crazy; all nine of us were packed into the van filling up every available space. I had the dubious pleasure of sitting next to Michael the entire time. On the one hand, he's hilarious but on the other hand, he talks non-stop and really loudly. He also had a 2-foot long shoe horn which he played with (meaning, waved around and "accidentally" hit people with) the whole time. He kept making up characteristics for the shoe horn which were pretty amusing. By the end, the shoe horn was a "fantastically gross" snake which had two stomachs, meowed like a cat, ate beavers for its snack and had a bite that stung worse than any bee. He explained the existence of this creature by saying that it had been an early creation of God's when he was in the 8th grade. Probably he's been reading too much Farside. Well, I'm going to move on to other things now. I hope you all will find this again after a summer of disuse!

3 Comments:
Well well, I was beginning to wonder if you would ever post again. I was sort of amazed that Michael really wasn't much more peaceful on the way back, I would've thought that the day would wear him out as much as it did the rest of us. Not so. Good luck with that new lappy, and the start of a new semester!
i never knew that God went to eighth grade. please thank michael for informing me of said fact.
i actually came to your blog to pester you about updating soon and was pleasantly surprised to find that you'd beat me to the punch and already updated. so i pat you on the back for you.
sounds like life is going well for you. good luck with classes starting up. you'll enjoy it, i promise. and even if you don't, you still will get something out of it someday....i think.
and come visit us sometime soon.
Wow! You guys are quick! I thought it would take at least a couple days for people to find me again. Now I know who my most faithful followers are :)
Post a Comment
<< Home