Oops it happened again...
So today I finally went ahead and got a library card. I have been meaning to for ages, but only just got around to it. Anyhoo, I get my card and am browsing the collection looking for Jasper Fforde books and not finding them. While doing this grazing, I have passed an old man a couple times. Not a middle-aged or even a recently retired man, but a really, really old man. I don't pay much attention to him until I'm over at the computer finding out that all the Jasper Fforde books are checked out (bummer) and this old man comes up and starts asking me questions rapid-fire:
Old Man: "I've passed you a couple times and just have to ask, are you an art student?"
Me: "Nope"
Old Man: "Oh, I thought you were an art student, are you at U of M?"
Me: "Yep, I'm an English major actually"
Old Man: "Where are you from?"
Me: "Ann Arbor"
Old Man: "Oh, so you probably went to Pioneer"
Me: "Actually, no, I went to Washtenaw"
Old Man: "That's a good school. Do you have a boyfriend? Who did you go to Prom with?" (this is where it started to be a little suspicious, up until this point I thought he was just a friendly, talkative and curious Grandpa-type)
Me: "No, I didn't go to Prom"
Old Man: "I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend. What are you doing this summer?"
Me (still not really suspecting where the conversation was headed): "Working, hopefully."
Old Man: "Well, maybe you and I could go have lunch together sometime, I'm not married and completely single."
Me (pausing briefly in confusion): "Ummm, no thanks"
Old Man: "Oh well, can't hurt to try, it's a compliment you know."
Fortunately, he then left as quickly as he could considering his age. All in all, it was pretty odd. The entire conversation was really quick, he fired question after question and all I could do was answer him (there were more questions which I left out for the sake of saving time and space, also, I can't remember all of them. There were that many.) otherwise I would have used the "Yeah, I have a boyfriend. He's really great." tactic. But, honestly, he's probably 3 times my age at least!! AHHHH!!! So that was my adventure today in the library.

7 Comments:
Yeesh! Blonds have all the fun!
Looks like you'll never be lonely.
Dang! That's so crazy! I like that he thought you were an art student. Although he probably just tells everyone they look like an artist, maybe he thinks that's a compliment. It's not. You should've slapped him.
Papers...not...done...
Wow, M. You really have to stop wearing that t-shirt that says "I think old weirdos are hot," or whatever it is that makes 'em come out of the woodwork.
P.S. Play softball. It's fun.
OMG! That's pretty freaky. Maybe you should call "rent-a-boyfriend"! Seriously, don't you know any huge, imposing-looking fellows that can go with you to the library next time?
Martial Arts for you...
See ya soon.
That is really scary! I think that is like the 5 time that kinda thing has happened to you.(But whose counting)
you need old weirdo repellent or something like that.
just start spraying yourself with it every morning after you shower and you'll be set for the next 24 hours or until you shower again.
It comes in 2-packs of 16 ounce bottles and all this is yours for the low, low price of $19.95 plus $5.00 shipping and handling. And if you order now, we'll throw in a free bottle of Mace and a martial arts handbook.
So order now and you will not regret it.
UPDATE
Post a Comment
<< Home